Expert Sump Pump Repair and Replacement in Nashville
You might not think about your sump pump until there’s a downpour. Then you hope it’s running correctly so your Nashville basement doesn’t sustain water damage.
Sump pumps can cease draining for a couple of various reasons.
We’ve handled it all. If your pump isn’t working properly, get in touch with the Experts at Donelson Air Service Experts to determine the problem.
We’ll inspect your pump during our visit and provide you with preventive maintenance suggestions, so it won’t go out when you need it most.
Common Causes of Sump Pump Failure
Sump pumps can cease operating for a couple of different reasons:
- Power interruption
- Insufficient maintenance
- Undersized unit
- Incorrect installation
- Switch issues
- Frozen or blocked discharge lines
- Age (average life span is 10 years)
Sump Pump Maintenance Checklist
There are a few simple things you can do to ensure your sump pump is prepared for efficiency.
- Check that the cord is in decent shape.
- Plug it into a GFCI outlet in case of power surges.
- Verify the pump is straight and not tipping to one side, since this can trigger the pump to not run when required.
- If it’s been awhile since the pump has run, drop a bucket of water into the pit to check the pump runs and removes the water quickly.
- During arid forecasts, pull out the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom since it can pull small stones into the grate over time.
- Check the discharge pipe’s vent hole is clear.
Trust Donelson Air Service Experts for Your Sump Pump Needs
Because your sump pump is a type of insurance to shield your home from water damage, trust the specialists at Donelson Air Service Experts to verify yours is effective.
We’ve got the expertise—whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Plus, all of our services are backed by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Contact us at 615-953-9885 or book an appointment online.