Stopping it from happening is the most important place to start. Taking proper safety precautions will decrease your likelihood of carbon monoxide poisoning in Nashville.
Here are a few steps you can take to keep your family protected:
- Idle your car out of your garage. Cars are a significant source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so don’t leave yours going in the small space of a garage. The same goes for gas equipment like lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t run ovens or grills as heating sources. These appliances are safe when run correctly but can produce carbon monoxide when run for an extensive period of time in tight spaces.
- Don’t run a gas generator indoors, since it makes fumes.
- Have your chimney examined by a pro. This verifies chimneys and vents aren’t blocked and connected correctly.
- Check gas appliances are working correctly, especially your heater. You can make sure you’re receiving efficient, safe comfort by requesting annual furnace maintenance with Donelson Air Service Experts.