What can be done to protect my home from carbon monoxide?

Stopping it from happening is the most important place to start. Taking proper safety precautions will decrease your likelihood of carbon monoxide poisoning in Nashville.

Here are a few steps you can take to keep your family protected:

  • Idle your car out of your garage. Cars are a significant source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so don’t leave yours going in the small space of a garage. The same goes for gas equipment like lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
  • Don’t run ovens or grills as heating sources. These appliances are safe when run correctly but can produce carbon monoxide when run for an extensive period of time in tight spaces.
  • Don’t run a gas generator indoors, since it makes fumes.
  • Have your chimney examined by a pro. This verifies chimneys and vents aren’t blocked and connected correctly.
  • Check gas appliances are working correctly, especially your heater. You can make sure you’re receiving efficient, safe comfort by requesting annual furnace maintenance with Donelson Air Service Experts.
chat now widget box