Your HVAC system is essential to home comfort and indoor air quality. The furnace and air conditioner work around the clock in the background, heating, cooling, controlling the humidity and filtering your indoor air. Lots of homeowners take these features for granted until they have to do without them. If your air conditioning has ever broken down on a blistering summer day, or the furnace has failed during a blizzard, you know what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner wishes to deal with emergency repairs, higher energy bills or inconsistent home comfort. What if there was a way to guarantee an uninterrupted source of clean, conditioned air when you want it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes in handy. Like receiving an oil change for your car, regularly scheduled tune-ups are a must for keeping your HVAC system up and running. And to get every benefit from each maintenance visit, you should consider signing up for an HVAC maintenance contract.
This agreement is an arrangement between you and the HVAC contractor. Your membership takes the guessing out of HVAC service by delivering routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled visits and other perks. An HVAC maintenance contract is not required to schedule tune-ups with Donelson Air Service Experts, but we highly encourage enrolling. Here are six reasons why.
1. Automated Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets busy, so it’s easy to forget about setting up furnace maintenance for the fall and air conditioning maintenance in the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll receive consistent reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re not sure why HVAC maintenance is so worthwhile, check out these benefits:
- Uncover small problems early: Issues with your HVAC equipment often form gradually. When a technician inspects the internal components once a year, it’s possible to locate and take care of little problems before they grow to be big headaches.
- Reduce the risk of unexpected shutdowns: By fixing that loose fan belt and stabilizing the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance appointment, the risk of a mid-season breakdown decreases.
- Lower repair costs: Routine HVAC maintenance is an affordable, foreseeable amount that reduces the need for many major repairs.
- Increase energy efficiency: The Department of Energy estimates that yearly maintenance can increase HVAC efficiency by up to 30%, lowering your heating and cooling bills simultaneously.
- Encourage home comfort: When your home comfort system performs the way it should, airflow improves for consistent temperatures and more manageable humidity in your home.
- Lengthen the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can live years longer than a neglected one, saving you on premature replacement equipment.
- Ensure safety: An equipment and safety inspection during each visit grants peace of mind that your HVAC system is performing as intended.
- Adhere to your warranty: Most HVAC manufacturers value preventive maintenance to such a degree that they demand yearly tune-ups to keep your warranty active. Investing a little in maintenance now protects you from expensive repairs that your warranty will cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance agreement puts you at the front of the line when you request an emergency repair. You can usually expect same-day service—even on nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Planning on replacing your heating and cooling system? An HVAC maintenance plan gives you access to the most rapid installs possible, even during the most hectic weeks.
4. Marked Down Repairs and Services
Regular maintenance decreases the need for repair calls, but if your system needs some attention, having an HVAC maintenance plan grants a 15% discount. You’ll also enjoy 15% off indoor air quality products, including pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
Heating and cooling repairs are occasionally necessary, but they can get costly fast. Fortunately, with an HVAC maintenance plan, you’ll never pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour appointments.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you be sure the technician has performed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the work leaves you disappointed, our technician will return to set things right.
Sign Up for an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Donelson Air Service Experts offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Check out what each plan provides and contact our staff to help you figure out the best plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to answer any questions you have before registering. For more details about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to ask for a tune-up, please contact your local Donelson Air Service Experts office today.