The Importance of Home Water Filtration and Purification
When you turn the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you anticipate clean, healthy water to flow out. But even if your water appears clear, it may still carry toxic chemicals that present a risk to your family’s health and well-being. Plenty of people do not like the taste of contaminated tap water and grasp the consequences of drinking it. That’s why half of all American households keep either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to ensure they have healthy drinking water on hand.
If you want to ensure your family’s well-being, you may first consider continuing the bottled water plan. Sadly, this gets costly almost immediately. Additionally, plastic water bottles that aren't recyclable end up polluting the world’s waterways, disrupting the environment and killing marine life.
Installing a whole-house water filtration system is more cost-effective and better for the environment than using so much bottled water. It will also supply healthier water more conveniently because you can get it directly from the tap. In addition, whole-house systems send purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing appliances, helping you to make the most of the benefits everywhere you use water in your home.
Before setting up a whole-house water filtration system, learn what’s in your water and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can clear out harmful contaminants. Then, contact Donelson Air Service Experts to help you choose and install the right water filter for you.
What’s in Your Water Supply?
Water quality varies by location, but several of the most likely contaminants are:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what may be in your drinking water by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG records show that greater than 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America at one point tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, revealing that lawful water quality levels are not necessarily safe.
Think About Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter filters out dirt, debris and hazardous chemicals from your tap, providing you and your family with safe, clean water to enjoy. Here are the perks of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a frequent sign of contaminants in your drinking water. Composed of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment naturally occurs and can accumulate in the water main after heavy rains. While largely harmless, sediment makes your drinking water appear and taste unpleasant. Filtermax includes sediment filtration to clear out solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is the key to clean drinking water in dense cities. Sadly, this disinfectant also adds hazardous chemical byproducts when it meets naturally occurring organic and inorganic materials in the water. A few DPBs, including trihalomethanes (THMs), are known to cause cancer. Filtermax gets rid of these carcinogens to keep your family safe.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Ensuring safe tap water is the goal of adding putting in any water filtration solution. Besides being cleaner for your family to enjoy, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more lasting metallic or musty odors. No more earthy or chlorine taste. No more muddy water swirling around your cup. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water at every tap: Hazardous chemicals don’t just impact you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin when you shower and adhere to your clothing and dishes as you wash them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so helpful because it provides clean water from every tap.
- No operating expenses or wasted water: Some whole-house filtration systems increase your electric bills. Others increase your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax demonstrates that healthy water doesn’t have to come with higher utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Based on your plumbing system’s setup, you could need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor features both designs to accommodate your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is one of the best warranties in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you know your investment will keep providing clean, quality drinking water for a long, long time..
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Donelson Air Service Experts, we install multiple types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, such as the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re looking to scale back water hardness, clear out bacteria or remove dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the ideal solution for you from Excalibur. Installation is quick, simple and supported by our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Contact your local Donelson Air Service Experts office for help choosing a water filtration system that fits your needs and budget.