Benefits of Annual Furnace Maintenance
As the temperature falls and you find yourself reaching for the thermostat more often, you should also reach for your phone to schedule annual furnace maintenance. Ensuring your furnace runs optimally this winter boosts your comfort, safety and peace of mind all season long.
Here’s more about what this crucial yearly task involves and why you shouldn’t neglect it.
What Is Done During Routine Furnace Maintenance?
A maintenance visit is a reliable way to get your heating system ready for the cold months. Although the specific tasks depend on the brand and age of your system, you can normally expect your technician to complete the following:
- Check and clean the burner: Over time, dirt and debris can obstruct the burner, affecting its performance. Cleaning it brings back the best possible heat transfer.
- Test the gas valves: Ensuring these valves are fully open and operating effectively is crucial for safe furnace operation.
- Check the heat exchanger: A cracked heat exchanger can lead to carbon monoxide leaks, so it’s crucial to ensure no cracks are present.
- Review and tighten electrical components: Loose connections can make your furnace unsafe and inefficient. The good thing is, tightening them is a fast and simple task.
- Clean the blower: A grungy blower affects your furnace’s ability to circulate warm air around your home. Cleaning and balancing the fan assures optimal airflow.
- Replace the air filter: Clean air filters allow appropriate airflow throughout your system, which is why you should always replace a dirty air filter in your furnace. Installing a brand-new air filter also increases indoor air quality if you install an efficient enough filtration system.
Reasons to Schedule Annual Furnace Maintenance
If your furnace appears to be running fine, is it still helpful to schedule a maintenance tune-up? Here are some of the ways furnace maintenance is beneficial:
- Lower the chance of mid-season failures: There are few more disheartening ways to start the day than waking up on a cold winter morning to learn your furnace has stopped working. Sudden breakdowns are upsetting and can leave you scrambling to find a repairman. Annual furnace maintenance reduces the likelihood of unexpected difficulties because your heating specialist inspects every part of your system, catching minor issues before they grow into costly repairs.
- Lower repair costs: It’s a simple equation—the earlier you discover a problem, the less expensive it is to correct. By investing in affordable, planned maintenance visits, you can avoid costly, inconvenient repairs, keeping more money in your pocket.
- Lengthen your furnace’s service life: Like a well-maintained car, a furnace that receives annual tune-ups will likely last longer than an ignored heating system. Annual maintenance saves you the expense of untimely furnace replacement by adding years to your system’s life span.
- Improve energy efficiency: A well-maintained heating system runs a lot more efficiently. When all the elements are clean and in good working order, your system doesn’t have to work as hard to keep your home warm. This decreases your heating bills and cuts down your environmental impact.
- Better indoor air quality: Polluted indoor air aggravates allergies and respiratory diseases. The air filter in your furnace captures dust, pollen and other airborne particles to reduce these conditions. During a maintenance appointment, the HVAC tech will change the air filter at your request, ensuring cleaner air circulates through your home.
- Boosts safety: A furnace that needs repair is not only inefficient, it also could be dangerous. Cracked heat exchangers or defective gas valves can produce dangerous carbon monoxide leaks. Knowing your system has been inspected for any possible safety issues should give you a secure feeling this winter.
When Should You Set up Your Maintenance Visit?
To enjoy the most benefits, it’s best to schedule annual furnace maintenance in the fall before winter’s chill sets in. This ensures that any issues are attended to before you begin relying heavily on your heating system.
DIY Furnace Maintenance Between Tune-Ups
Although professional maintenance is vital, you can perform several tasks yourself to make sure your furnace operates smoothly between visits:
- Switch out the air filter every 30 to 90 days to increase airflow.
- Be sure that the home’s return and supply registers are open and unblocked for system balance.
- Vacuum the exterior of the furnace with the brush attachment to make sure it stays clean.
Choose Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing for Furnace Maintenance in the U.S.
If it’s time for your next furnace maintenance tune-up, Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing is an HVAC company you can rely on. Our ACE-certified technicians provide fast, long-lasting fixes for all your heating and cooling issues. We’re proud to deliver solutions to our community and are dedicated to making a significant difference in your lifestyle and sense of comfort. We even offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee for your peace of mind. To set your heating system up for success this winter, call 866-397-3787 today to schedule furnace maintenance with Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing.
How to Pick Out a Suitable HVAC System
When it comes to keeping your home comfortable year-round, nothing is more important than choosing the right heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system. This decision affects your daily comfort, monthly utility expenses and overall home efficiency. However, with so many system types,... Continue reading
Annual HVAC Maintenance Checklist
As soon as the air gets colder, you know it’s time to get your home ready for the cooler months ahead. Your heating system is key to maintaining a cozy, warm atmosphere. A well-maintained furnace provides the comfort you crave while using a smaller amount of energy. Regular inspections also make... Continue reading
HVAC Trends: What’s New in 2024
In the ever-changing world of home heating and cooling, keeping up with the current HVAC trends is imperative for homeowners looking to enhance their home’s comfort and efficiency. As we move into 2024, the HVAC industry continues to innovate, bringing cutting-edge technologies and trends... Continue reading