Air conditioners don’t work for a lifetime, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement in Nashville, you might be thinking—should you also request furnace replacement too? It depends on your situation.
Here are some factors to think about, as well as the perks of avoiding a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Things to Ask When Considering Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the top questions to answer prior to making your decision:
- How long have you had your furnace? Furnaces can run up to 20 years, while air conditioners run for about 15 years. If your furnace is over a 15 years old, we suggest replacing it alongside your air conditioner. If it’s much less than 15 years old than this, you can probably delay it.
- What type of air conditioner are you buying? Lots of homeowners are swapping out their dated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed styles. This uses less energy and enhances comfort by working at multiple speeds. Air conditioners use the furnace blower to disperse air. So, if you use a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to realize the complete comfort and perks of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver the right air flow? Your furnace needs to provide the correct amount of air to keep your residence comfy. A modern air conditioner might require a different indoor coil. So, it’s important your furnace is correctly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, for instance one from Donelson Air Service Experts, can determine that static pressure of your system and give the proper recommendation.
- Is the installation complicated? You’ll make it easier on your Expert and your bank account if you replace both components together.
Why You Should Buy a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Simultaneously
If your furnace and air conditioner work together and are adequately sized, there aren’t typically any major short-term outcomes. A mismatched setup is frequently a stopgap until the other system fails. You can circumvent the short-term repair by replacing your furnace and air conditioner simultaneously. And, you’ll reap these advantages:
- Better efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll ensure everything runs at the greatest efficiency, making your house cozier and decreasing your yearly energy costs.
- Fewer HVAC repairs: If you put in new air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it might malfunction for good. In the interim, you’ll pay for repairs that could have gone toward a new furnace.
- Potential discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both installed at the same time. And you may even be authorized for a discount as you’re installing new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to get rid of your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, call Donelson Air Service Experts. We understand the price of replacing your total system can stress you out, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special discounts or our headache-free Advantage Program™. You can enjoy a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and simply one small monthly price. And all maintenance and repairs later on are included!*
You can feel good knowing that our team is thoroughly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to ensure a job done right the first time. Plus, we offer a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 615-953-9885 to get an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.