Air conditioners don’t run for a lifetime, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re getting ready for air conditioning replacement in Nashville, you might be considering—should you also request furnace replacement too? It depends on your situation.
Here are some factors to think about, as well as the perks of avoiding a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Things to Ask When Considering Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the most important questions to answer in advance of making your decision:
- How long have you had your furnace? Furnaces can work up to 20 years, while air conditioners run for about 15 years. If your furnace is over a 15 years old, we suggest replacing it alongside your air conditioner. If it’s much less than 15 years old than this, you can probably wait.
- What model of air conditioner are you buying? A lot of homeowners are swapping out their dated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This uses less energy and increases comfort by working at multiple speeds. Air conditioners use the furnace blower to distribute air. So, if you use a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to get the total comfort and advantages of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace give the correct air flow? Your furnace needs to provide the right amount of air to keep your residence comfy. A modern air conditioner could require a different indoor coil. So, it’s essential your furnace is correctly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, for instance one from Donelson Air Service Experts, can figure out that static pressure of your system and make the correct recommendation.
- Is the installation complicated? You’ll make it easier on your tech and your bank account if you replace both components together.
Why You Should Buy a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Together
If your furnace and air conditioner match and are correctly sized, there aren’t typically any major short-term outcomes. A mismatched setup is frequently not permanent until the other system fails. You can circumvent the short-term repair by replacing your furnace and air conditioner simultaneously. And, you’ll reap these advantages:
- Better efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll ensure everything runs at the greatest efficiency, making your house cozier and reducing your long-term energy costs.
- Fewer HVAC repairs: If you put in new air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it might stop working for good. Meanwhile, you’ll pay for repairs that could have gone toward a modern furnace.
- Possible discounts: You can pay less for labor by having both installed at once. And you may even be authorized for a special deal since you’re installing new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to upgrade your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, call Donelson Air Service Experts. We understand the expense of replacing your total system might stress you out, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special discounts or our stress-free Advantage Program™. You can receive a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and simply one small monthly expense. And all maintenance and repairs later on are included!*
You can feel good knowing that our team is completely trained, experienced and NATE-certified to ensure a job done right the first time. Plus, we offer a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 615-953-9885 to get an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.