Stay Cool During Summer Activities in Nashville
Summer is typically a hectic time of year for many families in Nashville. Whether it’s a family reunion, an extended vacation or any host of other fun activities, summer not only brings about crazy schedules, but that dreaded Nashville heat as well.
We know you’ve already handled all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs long before summer came, so what else can you do to maintain your cool during those days where you can’t get away to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has a few pointers:
- Stay in air conditioned places as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this tough, but if you are able to take a quick break and utilize an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, do it.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't feel thirsty, as thirst can be an early indicator of dehydration. If you begin noticing muscle cramps, take a few moments to rest as it could also be an early indicator of dehydration or a separate heat-related illness.
- Take special measures when organizing outdoor activities. Any type of workout or athletic practices should be completed earlier or later in the day when the Nashville temperatures are cooler.
- Dress to stay cooler in high temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best bet.
- Keep your shower or bath a little colder than usual. It can help you cool down a little faster so you can get back to basking in your home’s air conditioning.