How Do You Test for Carbon Monoxide?

There are a lot of fumes that could be within your Nashville house. Natural gas and gases that derive from residential fixtures, flooring and paints. Not one of these gases are as threatening as carbon monoxide.

Reach Donelson Air Service Experts at 615-953-9885 now to begin shielding your house against this harmful gas.

Why is Carbon Monoxide so Bad?

Carbon monoxide may be a serious issue, so it’s not something to mess around with.

1. You Can’t Taste It

Carbon monoxide is life-threatening because you cannot see it, sense it with your nose or recognize it with your taste buds. It’s not as dangerous in small amounts and can’t be filtrated.

2. It Can Be Deadly in Just a Few Minutes

Carbon monoxide is a byproduct of spent fuel. It can leak into your house during the heating season if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace fails. Based on how large the leak is and the circulation in a residence, the gas may become fatal in just a few minutes.

Once breathed in, it has a half-life of about five hours. If you are breathing fresh air, it will take five hours to remove it from your system. It requires an additional five hours to decrease that amount by half.

3. Carbon Monoxide Reaction Can Mirror Other Illnesses

The gas can also mimic illnesses that can be misdiagnosed as the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other illnesses.

How to Guard Your Residence from Carbon Monoxide

There’s no reason to take a chance with carbon monoxide poisoning.

Here are several precautions you can take to keep your family safe:

  1. Every home with at least one natural gas appliance, attached garage or fireplace should have a carbon monoxide system. You should have a detector on each level of your house, including the basement and garage. You also should have one installed inside or outside of each bedroom. Don’t have a carbon monoxide system in your home?
    Call Donelson Air Service Experts at 615-953-9885 to get one. Ask our specialists about our economical Wi-Fi carbon monoxide alarms.
  2. If you presently have a carbon monoxide system, frequently check or replace the batteries. You should look at batteries every season, and buy a new detector every three to five years.
  3. If your carbon monoxide detector sounds, leave your house right away and phone 911.

Protect Your Loved Ones with Help from Donelson Air Service Experts

Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be frightening, and with the proper steps your family can be protected from the dangerous gas. Take the precautions and call Donelson Air Service Experts at 615-953-9885 to learn more.