It’s cold outside. Much of the country is layering up for some freezing temps. And while the Experts are always ready to help, we’ve got a few HVAC and plumbing honey-dos to help you avoid those winter weather emergencies.
- Disconnect all exterior water connections.
- Make sure you insulate exposed pipes and outdoor fixtures.
- A slow drop in indoor sinks and bathrooms by exterior walls can prevent pipes from freezing.
- Open up those cabinets underneath sinks to keep warm air flowing around pipes.
- Keep an indoor temperature of at least 68 degrees (and warmer if possible).
- Get those space heaters ready by checking them for proper operation.
- If you have vents shut in unused rooms, open them now.
- If your furnace is not operational, contact the Experts for heating repairs or consider a new furnace install.
- Last but not least, give your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors a quick inspection.
Follow these easy tips to keep your HVAC and plumbing warm and working. Then heat yourself some hot chocolate. And, as always, Donelson Air Service Experts is here for you. If you have questions, concerns or problems, don’t hesitate to call.