There are a number of fun things to do in the fall, especially in Nashville. But, there’s also that long list of must-do’s before the cold weather comes. Although the outdoor yard work and home improvements are likely at the top of your list, there’s at least one indoor thing you should consider handling early: getting your furnace service and tune-up appointment scheduled.
The experts at Donelson Air Service Experts recommend that furnace service and maintenance be completed at least annually in order to prevent a breakdown in the dead of winter, when the furnace is needed most. There are a number of benefits to getting it performed before the cold and crisp weather comes to Nashville, too. Take a look at some of the top bonuses of furnace service:
- Helps maintain your heating system’s energy efficiency. Regular maintenance can help ensure that your furnace operates at its top efficiency throughout the coldest months of the year, helping you save on your heating expenses.
- Ensures your furnace is in its best shape. From checking airflow to full multi-point inspections, you can be certain your furnace is ready for whatever Mother Nature decides to throw at Nashville this season.
- Lowers the chances of breakdowns. Just about the last thing you want to occur on a cold winter day is have your furnace quit running, especially when heating companies are limited in their capacity for new customers. A furnace service appointment now will allow the technician to find potential problems and solve them before they happen.
- Helps keep your home safe. All furnaces burn some type of fuel to produce heat, and cracks and leaks around the fuel area could compromise your family’s safety. Inspecting the heat exchanger, gas burner and gas valve calibration are key to keeping your home safe through the winter.
- Keeps your warranty valid. Many manufacturers require that you have at least one furnace service appointment per year in order to keep your warranty, so getting regular maintenance done can save you money if bigger problems occur in the future.
Taking proper care of your furnace has plenty of additional benefits, and getting furnace service performed annually is just the first step. It’ll help keep your home comfortable throughout the winter and save you time later because you’re less likely to need more service, maintenance or repairs in the middle of winter when heating and cooling companies like Donelson Air Service Experts are at their busiest.
If you have any questions about furnace service or a tune-up in Nashville, give us a call at 615-953-9885 or schedule an appointment with Donelson Air Service Experts through our online scheduler.