Planning yearly AC maintenance is helpful.
Service keeps your AC unit in Nashville running at its top performance while keeping utility usage small. It also could even help extend its life expectancy.
While there are a couple tasks you can do alone, you should call the Experts, like the ones at Donelson Air Service Experts, for AC inspections and maintenance.
Here are a few steps you can do on your own as you prep for summer.
Get Your AC Tune-Up Set
Spring is a season of rejuvenation, and to many that involves a large amount of house, garage and yard cleaning. With the warmer temperatures approaching, it’s also a great idea to put AC service on that checklist.
Spring is a great time to get your cooling system scrubbed and examined. Delaying to switch it on until the first hot day of the year can be a gamble. If you have to schedule service or installation, you may be waiting awhile for a tech. And that may get awfully unbearable.
And for those with allergies, being well prepared with a fresh AC system will help ensure the best indoor air quality during pollen season.
Plus, cooling service can be a requirement for your unit’s manufacturer warranty or any extra extended warranty.
Can I Do Service on My Own?
There are steps that you can complete to help keep your air conditioning equipment in the top condition:
- Replace your air filter recommends each month or two. This is particularly important if you deal with allergies or have pets in your home.
- Lawn maintenance by the exterior condenser. Ensure the area is free of grass, weeds or bushes by your cooling unit. We advise keeping 2–3 feet of clear room. You should also get rid of any leaves or branches that have dropped into your system, because this can impede airflow.
Let the Pros Take Care of the Rest
What’s left to accomplish? If you call Donelson Air Service Experts at 615-953-9885, the initial thing we may do is compliment you for all the tasks you’ve already done. Then we’ll get down to the nuts and bolts. We’ll examine your unit and make sure it’s running like it should with these steps:
- Securing electrical connections to provide secure comfort.
- Greasing to keep moving pieces working smoothly and potentially stay clear of issues.
- Cleaning the condensate drain line to remove leak-inducing mold and obstructions.
- Aligning coil fins to stay clear of reduced airflow.
- Freshening the outdoor coil to remove any buildup from soil and vegetation.
- Inspecting controls to make sure your system is switching on, cooling and turning off like it should.
- Analyzing the operating temperature parameters to confirm your system has the correct refrigeration charge.
If we uncover problems that involve further work, we are ready to provide you the most reasonable solution. Uncovering possible troubles early can solve larger problems in the future. This also gives you time to strategize if your system is aging.
When you need an updated cooling system to help make your new equipment more affordable. No matter what your comfort needs are, you can feel good knowing our Experts will take care of your needs.
Prepared to book your tune-up? Give us a call at 615-953-9885 or schedule an appointment online now.