Planning yearly AC maintenance is worth the effort.
Service keeps your AC equipment in Nashville running at its best performance while keeping electricity usage small. It also may even help extend its life cycle.
While there are a couple tasks you can do alone, you should call the Experts, like the ones at Donelson Air Service Experts, for AC inspections and maintenance.
Here are a few steps you can do on your own as you get ready for warm weather.
Get Your AC Tune-Up Booked
Spring is a season of rejuvenation, and to many that entails a large portion of house, garage and yard cleaning. With the warmer temps approaching, it’s also a great idea to include AC checkups on that listing.
Spring is the best time to get your cooling system scrubbed and examined. Delaying to flip it on until the first hot day of the year can be a gamble. If you have to schedule a fix or a new unit, you might be waiting awhile for a tech. And that could get awfully unpleasant.
And for people with allergies, being one step ahead with a fresh AC system will help ensure the best indoor air quality during pollen season.
Also, cooling service can be a requirement for your unit’s manufacturer warranty or any extra extended warranty.
Can I Do Service Alone?
There are steps that you can complete to help keep your air conditioning unit in the top condition:
- Replace your air filter. Clogged filters limit airflow and could reduce your equipment’s efficiency. While the replacement timeline depends on the model you have, the U.S. Department of Energy advises each month or two. This is very important if you suffer from allergies or have pets in your home.
- Lawn upkeep near the outdoor condenser. Check the area is free of grass, weeds or bushes by your air conditioning unit. We suggest keeping 2–3 feet of clear room. You should also get rid of any leaves or sticks that have collected inside your system, because this can impede airflow.
Let the Pros Manage the Rest
What’s left to accomplish? If you call Donelson Air Service Experts at 615-953-9885, the initial thing we could do is compliment you for all the tasks you’ve already done. Then we’ll get down to the finer details. We’ll check your equipment and make sure it’s running correctly with these steps:
- Securing electrical connections to deliver secure cooling.
- Greasing to keep moving components working smoothly and potentially stay clear of breakdowns.
- Cleaning the condensate drain line to remove leak-inducing mold and obstructions.
- Aligning coil fins to stay clear of limited airflow.
- Cleansing the outdoor coil to remove any buildup from soil and vegetation.
- Checking controls to make sure your system is turning on, cooling and turning off correctly.
- Analyzing the operating temperature parameters to confirm your system has the correct refrigeration charge.
If we find problems that involve further service, we are set to provide you the most reasonable solution. Uncovering possible troubles early can solve larger problems in the future. This also gives you time to strategize if your AC is getting older.
When you need an updated cooling system, our Experts will work with you to find the best model for your family. We also offer financing to help make your new unit more affordable. Regardless of what your comfort needs are, you can feel good knowing our Experts will take care of you.
Need to book your checkup? Give us a call at 615-953-9885 or schedule an appointment online right away.