Spring is great for more than a few reasons: flowers start to bloom, you can open up windows for outdoor air and your energy bill is generally at its lowest. That’s because you’re not utilizing your heater or air conditioner.
But as temperatures begin to rise, so do your energy costs. Here are a couple of ideas for saving energy in Nashville and keeping bills lower.
1. Call for Yearly AC Maintenance
Giving your AC system a seasonal maintenance appointment can help it run more efficiently and trim costs. Switching out your air filter will help keep energy charges low.
If your cooling equipment has seen better days, spring is a great time to upgrade it. The energy-saving technology in modern AC systems is a definite plus in keeping your electricity bill down.
2. Lower Your Thermostat
There’s a simple way you can save up to 10% on heating and cooling bills. Just turn your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours during the day.
Figuring out how to effectively work your thermostat is the best way to reduce energy expenses in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re in the house. Think of it this way, the lower the difference between exterior temperatures and inside temperatures, the cheaper your cooling bill will be.
- When you’re away, set the thermostat to a much higher temperature or switch it off. You shouldn’t have to cool an empty residence.
3. Take Advantage of Other Ways to Cool Your House
You can try a few other things to help keep your house cool:
- Use a ceiling fan—By turning on a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no decrease in comfort. Have your fan move counterclockwise when it’s warm out, which drives cool air upward. This disperses cool air more evenly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds shut—Sunlight quickly converts to heat as it comes through windows. Keep your house more comfortable by closing blinds and curtains when you’re not sitting in sunny rooms.
4. Look Into Using a Smart Thermostat
You’ve left home and immediately realize you neglected to turn up the thermostat. Then you fret about it the whole day!
Smart thermostats pick up on your schedule and move the temp when you’re not around to help you save on your bills. You can also adjust the conditions from anywhere with your phone.
These expert ideas will all help keep summer energy expenses down. If you decide it’s time to upgrade your thermostat or need AC installation, give our team a call at 615-953-9885 or contact us online. We’ll help you select the right product for your space. And like always, all our services are endorsed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.