Spring is great for many reasons: flowers start to bloom, you can open up windows for fresh air and your energy bill is usually at its cheapest. That’s because you’re not utilizing your heater or air.
But as temperatures begin to climb, so do your energy costs. Here are a couple of ideas for saving energy in Nashville and keeping bills lower.
1. Call for Yearly AC Maintenance
Giving your AC system a seasonal maintenance appointment can help it work more efficiently and cut down costs. Switching out your air filter will help keep energy expenses low.
If your HVAC equipment has seen better days, spring is a great time to upgrade it. The energy-saving technology in newer air conditioning systems is a definite benefit for keeping your energy bill down.
2. Turn to Your Thermostat
There’s a simple way you can save up to 10% on heating and cooling bills. Just dial your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours during the day.
Focusing on how to effectively work your thermostat is the smartest way to lower energy expenses in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re at home. Think of it this way, the lower the difference between exterior temperatures and inside temperatures, the smaller your cooling bill will be.
- When you’re away, set the thermostat to a much higher temperature or switch it off. You shouldn’t have to cool an empty residence.
3. Take Advantage of Other Ways to Cool Your House
You can try a few other things to help keep your residence cool:
- Use a ceiling fan—By turning on a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no decrease in comfort. Have your fan turn counterclockwise in the summer, which drives cool air upward. This disperses cool air more evenly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds shut—Sunlight quickly transforms into heat as it comes through windows. Keep your residence more comfortable by drawing blinds and curtains when you’re not using sunny areas.
4. Look Into Getting a Smart Thermostat
You’ve left home and abruptly realize you forgot to turn up the thermostat. Then you fret about it the entire day!
Smart thermostats pick up on your schedule and move the temp when you’re not around to help you save money. You can also adjust the conditions from anywhere with your phone.
These expert tips will all help keep summer energy expenses down. If you decide it’s time to upgrade your thermostat or need AC installation, give our team a call at 615-953-9885 or contact us online. We’ll help you select the right fit for your space. And like always, all our services are endorsed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.